almost 8 years ago
It's almost time - just one more day and we will be all together hacking for the betterment of Boston at District Hall. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. and we will have some brief opening remarks at 10:00 a.m. before our brainstorming and hacking start. Where's District Hall? Right here, at 75 Northern Ave.
In addition to bringing your best ideas and willingness to say yes to anything, a few more practical suggestions:Your work gear
- Bring any gear and hardware you may need. Laptop, chargers, networking gear and any other equipment you like working with - we unfortunately don't have any extra to lend out.
- For those developing for mobile devices, bring your smartphones and tablets.
- Bring a power strip if you have one. There are plentiful outlets around District Hall, but central power is an added way to make friends and keep your team together.
- The venue has excellent wi-fi - but back-up never hurts.
- The walls of District Hall are covered with idea paint - go nuts and mock up and brainstorm your best!
- To share code, plans and notes with your team, it might be a good idea to be ready with a GitHub, Evernote, Asana, Basecamp, or whatever account to share.
- If you have an idea in mind that requires a particular server/framework, consider setting some account(s) to allow others in your team to work with that resource.
- We will be providing breakfast on Saturday and coffee throughout both Saturday and Sunday. District Hall's Brew cafe will be open from 12-4 on Saturday and 10-2 on Sunday for your quick snacks, beverage and sustenance needs; Gather, the full-service restaurant connected to the work area, is also running its normal hours.
- There are plentiful watering holes and other food options in the Seaport area if you would like to pop out for some fresh air.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll also be able to easily recognize all of the City of Boston representatives throughout the weekend to ask in-person.