almost 8 years ago
Thanks so much for participating in HubHacks!
For your convenience, here is a link to documentation we are providing you for the HubHacks Challenges. There is a lot to look through, but our goal was to give you as much background and information as possible. We hope its helpful, but don’t feel restricted by it. If you prefer to use the data and API in your own way, go for it.
For each of the four challenges, you will find an Overview document. They are titled as follows-- CHALLENGE [X] OVERVIEW: [Name of Challenge]
These documents contain the following sections:
- Purpose: This is the actual challenge you are responding to
- Background: A bit more context as to what happens today in Boston.
- Scenario: An example scenario to help you relate this challenge to real problems people face using our current permitting system.
- Supporting Docs 101: Some more guidance and examples on how to use the relevant documentation, tables, and API.
Throughout those documents, you will find links to some city websites, excel tables, and API endpoints. Any of the excel tables we have given you are also available for download directly in the challenge folders. These tables provide you with additional data you might find useful.
Please note that only challenges 3 and 4 actually involve using the API, the other two are focused on separate data we have provided.
If you prefer to navigate the challenge documents directly from here, links are below:
- Challenge 1: What Permits Do I Need?
- Challenge 2: What's My Address of Record?
- Challenge 3: Can I Apply for a Street Occupancy Permit Online?
- Challenge 4: Where am I in the Approval Process?
To find schemas and access the API for all currently available permit types, you can use this link.
If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Hubhacks@boston.gov
See you on the 9th and 10th!
The HubHacks Team